Privacy statement for the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon of Great Britain and Ireland
The Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (AUGIS) is the umbrella Surgical Specialty Association with the objective to improve the delivery, the results and outcome of conditions of the oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, pancreas, liver and biliary tract requiring surgical treatment. BOMSS and GBIHPBA are part of the AUGIS and are administered through the AUGIS office.
Any information we collect from you is used to process orders and requests and to provide you with updates about upcoming professional courses, which may be of interest to you.
Collection client information
When you join our Association on-line, we ask for your name, position, hospital name, home address, telephone number/s and e-mail addresses. As a member of the Association, we will ask you to pay for your membership by Direct Debit or credit or debit card. This allows us to process, fulfil and contact you with any queries to your order. We use Worldpay to process these payments, please visit their website to view their privacy notice.
How we use your data
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (for example, our newsletters) or which we feel may be of interest to you. This may be by post, email or other electronic means where you have expressly consented to be contacted for such purposes, or if you have purchased goods or services from us previously, we may contact you with information about similar goods or services that may be of interest.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to any service we have contracted to provide you with.
Protection of client information
As required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of client information
You have a choice about the type of information you would like to receive from us and if you would like to receive information from other carefully selected organisations approved by us (for invitations to special events and news of special offers). We will not sell your details to any organisation.
Using our Website
Cookies On our site, we sometimes place small data files on your computer. These small files are known as ‘cookies’.
They improve the performance of our site by:
- Use the website on all modern standard compliant browsers and devices, including mobile and tablet devices
- Use common screen reader software to access the website
- Use a keyboard or other assistive technology to enable full navigation of the site
- Magnify pages and resize text within reasonable limits
Please click here to view the list of cookies in use on our website.
At AUGIS we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
As a member of BOMSS, we pay for your IFSO membership, Consultant members get the Obesity Surgery Journal included in their membership. Members of other categories may request the journal at an additional cost. We will provide IFSO with your name, address, email, and AUGIS/BOMSS membership details
Where relevant, we use a third party supplier to distribute newsletters throughout the year; we capture and send members’ name and address, and email details in order for them to send both hard and soft copies directly.
- Tewkesbury Printing: www.tewkesburyprinting.com
- IFSO: www.ifso.com
- Springer: www.springer.com
We use Coutts and Worldpay to handle our financial transactions.
We use Emmantech and Dataware for our Website and membership database
Following a link to another website
How do we protect your information, and what are your rights?
We have strict security procedures covering the storage of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity or for other personal information before we can process your enquiry further.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have certain rights such as the right to ask us to stop using your personal data to send you marketing or fundraising materials. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by mail or e-mail.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to other, third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how your data is used by these third parties. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For further information or if you have any questions, please contact the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland:
The Royal College of Surgeons of England
35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields,
London WC2A 3PE
Directions: Please see the map below for directions
Alternatively you can contact us on Monday to Friday between 9am-5pm, by telephone and email.