We are looking for expressions of interest from anyone who wishes to host the BOMSS Annual Scientific Meetings in January 2019 & 2020.
If you are interested in hosting this event, please email Sarvjit Wünsch your expression of interest by 3pm on Thursday, 21 December.
We will invite you to present your chosen venue to BOMSS Council from 2pm on Wednesday, 24 January 2018 at the Telford International Centre.
Please see venue specifications below.
Criteria for hosting a BOMSS Meeting
The Meeting takes place in the 3rd week on January and runs from Wednesday to Friday.
Hotel conference venue
Total number of hotel bedrooms: 350
The current formula is that all delegates and industry are able to stay in same hotel. We would like to encourage this, therefore hotel room prices should be negotiable (easier in January) to a level which allows AHPs and trainees to stay in same venue.
Range of alternative hotel accommodation (if necessary) within walking distance of main HQ Hotel.
- Minimum Trade Exhibition space of 400sqm²
- Please note all catering should be contained in Trade exhibition area, this will facilitate delegate footfall and keep Industry very happy!
- Exhibition set up on Wednesday
- Breakdown on Friday, after lunch.
BOMSS Training Day
- This takes place on Wednesday and is sponsored event.
- 3 – 4 breakout rooms are required for the whole day.
- It would be beneficial if the Training Day is serviced by a separate entrance.
- This year there were 72 Training Day delegates.
The Scientific Programme
- Main conference: Plenary room for 400 to be arranged in a cabaret seating layout
- 3 x Breakout rooms to hold: 150/100/150 delegates
- Additional rooms available for Industry sponsored sessions or workshops
- Drinks reception and Gala Dinner in Hotel up to 300 people
- Council Dinner venue up to 25 people
- Trainee’s Dinner venue up to 100 people
- Good links by train, road and air.For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org