The 8th BOMSS Annual Scientific Meeting will be held at the Alton Towers Hotel, Alton, Staffordshire.
26 – 27 January 2017
Alton Towers Hotel
Directions to Alton Towers Hotel
Alton Towers is situated in the heart of the UK within the county of Staffordshire and near the cities of Manchester and Birmingham.
Alton Towers Hotel is based at the Alton Towers Resort which is situated between the M1 and M6.
- If you are driving please use the postcode: ST10 4DB.
- Please follow the signs for the last bit of your journey as your Sat Nav will attempt to take you down a local farm track; especially if you are comeng down the B5417.
- Please drive with care when you are in the area as there are walkers, cyclist and horse riders and the country roads can become narrow in some places.
Alton Towers Resort is signposted from the following motorways:
From the North:
M1 – Junction 24 a
M6 – Junction 16
From the South:
M1 – Junction 23a/24
M6 – Junction 15
If you wish to book a taxi to take you from Stoke-on Trent train station to Alton Towers, we recommend that you contact C.S Taxis for good rates:
Please reference the BOMSS 2017 Meeting when booking.
- Tel: 07774 687190
- Email: email@example.com
Call 07909 332428 if above telephone number is unavailable.
First Potteries operate daily departures from Stoke-on-Trent City Centre (Hanley) and there are up to 2 daily departures from Stoke-on-Trent Rail Station and a daily departure from Uttoxeter (except Sundays).
There is also a daily service X52 service that runs from Nottingham and Derby
First Group and Notts and Derby websites provide full timetable and please note that bus routes may involve one or more change to complete your journey.
The two closest train stations are Stoke-on-Trent and Uttoxeter. Please note that Stoke-on-Trent is the more frequently served station and that there are better public transport links from Stoke-on-Trent Station. Please visit: www.nationalrail.co.uk for further details.
- East Midlands – approximately 1 hour driving time
- Manchester Airport – approximately 1 hour 15 minutes driving time
- Birmingham Airport – approximately 1 hour 25 minutes driving time
- London Luton – approximately 2 hours 25 minutes driving time