IFSO 2017 Annual Congress, London, 29 August – 2 September 2017
BOMSS will host the 2017 IFSO Annual Congress at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in the heart of London and in the shadow of Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
Visit the IFSO 2017 site for more information at www.ifso2017.com and registration is open!
Full Consultant Members of BOMSS will receive the discounted IFSO Members rate whilst Trainees and AHPs receive a greatly reduced registration rate.
Don’t forget to check out the Post-Graduate Congress courses
• Video and operating sessions discussing technical aspects and management of complications
• Pre-congress courses including the 6th International Conference on Sleeve Gastrectomy
• Sessions about established operative, endoscopic as well as novel procedures for weight loss and Type 2 diabetes
• Multidisciplinary symposia with physicians, psychologists, anaesthetists, plastic surgeons, dieticians and primary care doctors
• Symposia about special patient groups including adolescents and young adults, pregnant women who have had surgery and older patients
• Innovative sessions including the use of technology in obesity and bariatric surgery, medicolegal issues and the impact of bariatric tourism
• ‘Dragon’s Den meets Shark Tank’ – participants will be able to pitch their ideas for randomised controlled trials to a panel of experts
• Networking lunches for Integrated Health Professionals, Young IFSO members and Women in Bariatric Surgery
• ‘Meet the Expert’ lunchtime sessions
• European, Latin American, Asia Pacific, North American and Pan-Arab Symposia
• Patient engagement session
Follow IFSO on Twitter – @IFSO_2017
This is a great opportunity for BOMSS to make an impression on the world stage of bariatrics. We are a Society that promotes high quality in bariatric surgery thanks to the work on constitutional issues, practice standards and data collection by our past and current president.
We are looking for a number of volunteers to assist with the running of the Congress and TFI Group (Congress Organiser), together with Cynthia-Michelle Borg, Scientific Co-Chair, would like to offer the opportunity to students to volunteer and make the most of this unique experience.
To find out more, please click on on the link below: