The 2016 BOMSS Annual Scientific Meeting will be held in Cardiff. We are now looking for expressions of interest from anyone wishing to host the Annual Scientific Meetings in January 2017 and January 2018. If you are interested in hosting this event, please email Sarvjit in the BOMSS office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any expressions of interest by Wednesday, 25 March. We will invite you to present your chosen venue to the BOMSS Council on Thursday 16 April.
Criteria for hosting a BOMSS Meeting
The Meeting takes place on the 3rd week on January and runs from Wednesday to Friday.
The Venue – we are looking for a Hotel conference venue with 350 bedrooms. The current formula is: all delegates and industry are able to stay in same hotel. We want to continue and encourage this, therefore hotel room prices should be negotiable (easier in January) to a level which allows everyone to stay in same venue. A range of alternative hotel accommodation (if necessary) must be within walking distance of main Hotel.
· Minimum Trade Exhibition space of 400sqm²
· Set up on Wednesday
· Breakdown on Friday, after lunch.
BOMSS Training Day
· This takes place on Wednesday and is sponsored event.
· 3 – 4 breakout rooms are required for the whole day.
· It would be beneficial if the Training Day is serviced by a separate entrance.
· This year there were 100 Training Day delegates.
The Scientific Programme
· Main conference: Plenary room for 400
· 3 x breakout rooms to hold: 150/100/150delegates
· Additional rooms available for Industry sponsored sessions or workshops
· Drinks reception and Gala Dinner in Hotel up to 300 people
· Council Dinner venue up to 25 people
· Trainee’s Dinner venue up to 100 people
· Good links by train, road and air.