BOMSS will host the 2017 IFSO Annual Conference, August 29 – September 2, 2017.
Abstract submission and registration now open!
You can take advantage of early bird registration fees until 1 June 2017.
- Video and operating sessions discussing technical aspects and management of complications
- Pre-congress courses including the 6th International Conference on Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Sessions about established operative, endoscopic as well as novel procedures for weight loss and Type 2 diabetes
- Multidisciplinary symposia with physicians, psychologists, anaesthetists, plastic surgeons, dieticians and primary care doctors
- Symposia about special patient groups including adolescents and young adults, pregnant women who have had surgery and older patients
- Innovative sessions including the use of technology in obesity and bariatric surgery, medicolegal issues and the impact of bariatric tourism
- ‘Dragon’s Den meets Shark Tank’ – participants will be able to pitch their ideas for randomised controlled trials to a panel of experts
- Networking lunches for Integrated Health Professionals, Young IFSO members and Women in Bariatric Surgery
- ‘Meet the Expert’ lunchtime sessions
- European, Latin American, Asia Pacific, North American and Pan-Arab Symposia
- Patient engagement session
Follow IFSO on Tiwtter – @IFSO_2017 or on Facebook
This is a great opportunity for BOMSS to make an impression on the world stage of bariatrics. We are a Society that promotes high quality in bariatric surgery thanks to the work on constitutional issues, practice standards and data collection by our past and current president.
The venue – the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre in the heart of London and in the shadow of Big Ben and Westminster Abbey – will certainly prove a big draw.
Visit the IFSO 2017 site for more information.