1. To be a thriving Society with inclusive transparent governance through its membership and be financially independent.
2. Provide representation and support to the great majority of bariatric surgery professionals in the UK.
3. Be nationally and internationally recognised as the UK’s specialist society for bariatric surgery professionals.
4. Maintain and strengthen the multi-professional / multidisciplinary structure of BOMSS.
5. To define and become the main advisory body on Quality Control in relation to bariatric surgery and associated clinical care in the UK.
6. To be a resource and gateway for education and training for the bariatric surgery multi-professional team.
7. Be a resource and centre for the evaluation of new technology in relation to bariatric surgery and associated clinical care.
8. To be a source of support for R&D.
9. Define and act as the main advisory body in relation to service structure and professional issues.
10. Remain committed to the National Bariatric Surgery Register.