About the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
We are a professional society of surgeons involved in obesity management.
Membership of the society includes medical professionals and allied health professionals including specialist nurses, dieticians, psychologists and dieticians.
BOMSS aims to promote the development of high quality centres for obesity surgery, to educate and train future obesity surgeons and practitioners and to guide commissioning and policy for the use of obesity surgery in the UK.
We welcome feedback and suggestions from BOMSS members about this website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your views.
- Association of Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)
- International Federation of Surgery for Obesity (IFSO)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ALS)
- Society for Obesity and Bariatric Anaesthesia (SOBAUK)
|Mr Richard Welbourn||President|
|Mr Roger Ackroyd||Secretary|
|Mr Simon Dexter||Treasurer|
|Professor Duff Bruce|
|Ms Sally Norton|
|Mr Peter Small|
|Mr Vinod Menon|
|Mr Sean Woodcock|
|Mr Shaw Somers|
|Mr Ian Beckingham||AUGIS, ex-officio|
|Ms Gail Pinnock||AHP Representative|
|Mr Ken Clare||AHP Representative|
|Mrs Mary O'Kane||AHP Representative|
|Mr Alan Osborne||Trainee Representative|
|Past BOMSS Presidents||2010-13 - Professor Alberic Fiennes, London|