BOMSS 2019 Abstracts
Closing date for submission of abstracts: 9am Monday 19th November
Notification date for successful authors: Wednesday 12th December
Abstracts submitted for BOMSS 2019 will be reviewed and scored anonymously. The reviewers will then select the appropriate abstracts for oral presentation (either the BOMSS Council prize session or the free paper sessions) or for Poster presentation. If you submit a DVD then you will be notified if it has been accepted for DVD presentation.
- Prize session presentations must be a maximum of 9 minutes; 6 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
- Presentations accepted for the free paper sessions (oral presentation) must be a maximum of 8 minutes; 6 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for discussion.
- All abstracts chosen for presentation will be contacted by the notification date.
- We recommend you apply for study leave well before this date to ensure that you are able to present your work at the meeting five weeks later.
Poster and Poster of Distinction Presentations:
Posters will be displayed for the duration of the meeting. Poster presenters will be sent detailed guidance notes on the poster rounds and adjudication in advance of the Scientific Meeting. The poster dimensions must be 84cm x 118cm (width & height) – A0 size, and the orientation should be ‘portrait’.
If you would like to submit a DVD for presentation, please ensure that you submit an abstract online and tick the appropriate box on the abstract submission form. You will also be asked to provide the link to your DVD or upload it to the relevant Dropbox folder. Unless otherwise informed, if your submission is successful for DVD, the link which you provide will be used for presentation at the meeting.
- DVDs should be a total of 5 minutes duration with 3 minutes for discussion.
- Only in-house productions will be accepted and ‘voiceover’ is compulsory.