BOMSS 2018 Abstract Submission
The abstract submission page is now open.
Deadline date: 9am on Thursday 30th November 2017
Notification Date: Wednesday 6th December 2017
Categories: Oral, DVD, Poster presentations
Six presentations will be selected for the BOMSS Council prize session. The prize will be awarded on the final day of the meeting. The remaining presentations will be selected for the free paper (oral presentation) session or for poster presentation.
- Prize session presentations must be a maximum of 9 minutes; 6 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for discussion.
- Presentations accepted for the free paper sessions (oral presentation) must be a maximum of 8 minutes; 6 minutes for the presentation and 2 minutes for discussion.
- All abstracts chosen for presentation will be contacted by the notification date.
- We recommend you apply for study leave well before this date to ensure that you are able to present your work at the meeting five weeks later.
Poster and Poster of Distinction Presentations:
Posters will be displayed for the duration of the meeting. Poster presenters will be sent detailed guidance notes on the poster rounds and adjudication in advance of the Scientific Meeting. The poster dimensions must be 84cm x 118cm (width & height) – A0 size, and the orientation should be ‘portrait’.
If you would like to submit a DVD for presentation, please ensure that you submit an abstract online and tick the appropriate box on the abstract submission form. You will then need to submit your DVD prior to the closing date for submissions by uploading it to Dropbox via the following link: Dropbox Link for DVD Submissions
Please ensure you include the Abstract number and Submitting Author name in the title.
- DVDs should be a total of 5 minutes duration with 3 minutes for discussion.
- Only in-house productions will be accepted and ‘voiceover’ is compulsory.
Abstract submission process:
The abstract submission is done via an online abstract submission system.
How to submit your Abstract:
To submit your abstract, you will need to follow the link which will take you to the log on page to register with the online system and then to complete your abstract. Click here to submit your Abstract for BOMSS 2018
Please note that you must:
- complete your abstract using the online submission system only
- use the following font: Arial, size 10 and keep within the word count as per the submission page and boxes.
- There must be only one presenting author per submission.
- The title and content of your submission must be anonymised and not mention any units/trusts/authors on any other identifiable details. Any identifiable content will result in the abstract being rejected. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
- Remember that any changes to your abstract can only be done before the submission deadline date, so please ensure that you have checked all spelling, grammar, author details and affiliation details, as this cannot be changed once the deadline date has closed.
Please contact Nichola Bartlett (email@example.com) if you have any queries.